Introduction to Google Tools and Coding
This year, we are excited to offer a brand new course for grade 7 and 8 students covering computer skills and technological studies. Twice a week, students will have a 40-minute period where they will learn new, and cement current, skills involving different aspects of computer use and technology to help prepare them for high school. Topics covered will include:
- Preparing presentations and research projects using Google Sheets and Google Docs, Google Slides.
- Giving exciting presentations using Prezi.
- Organizing and displaying collected data using Google Sheets.
- Preparing and displaying information in brochures and flyers.
- Using email, search engines, and websites safely for school.
- Creating websites.
- Collecting research online for research projects and citing information.
- Editing photos and videos.
- Creating basic video games.
- Writing online blogs.
Introduction to Coding with CodeHS