International Students

Welcome to the Kanata Academy website. We are pleased that you are considering joining our school in order to take courses leading to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). Please read the information below. We look forward to receiving an application from you.

Studying in Canada

An International Student does not require a study permit in order to take online courses at Kanata Academy. However, if you plan on physically entering Canada in order to study in Canada, you may need a study permit, and/or a temporary resident visa. However, not everyone coming to Canada to study requires a study permit. For example, you do not require a study permit to go to school in Canada if you wish to study in a short-term course or program that lasts six months or less. Contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada if you wish to explore study permits in more detail.

Documents needed for an International Student to establish an OSR:

  1. Identification
  2. The student will need to send proof of identification. Forward your picture ID (passport, driver's license, etc.) to Kanata Academy.
  3. Official International Transcripts.
  4. If your transcript is not in English, then you must submit an English translation of your transcript along with the original transcript. You can submit your transcripts to a translation service such as: (1) Worldwide Educational Service, or (2) International Education Research Foundation.